Office 365 & OneDrive for Business
For the remainder of the spring 2020 semester, all workshops will be presented via Zoom. All those registered for the workshop will receive an email with the Zoom link the morning of or day before the session. If the session is closed, contact us at email@example.com to request the Zoom link.
Office 365 brings together faculty, staff and students with diverse skills and experience in shared areas of interest. With Office 365, you can store and share files, collaborate on documents simultaneously, use the Office Web apps, and more!.
This introductory class focuses on OneDrive for Business and your personal interactions in Office 365. During class, you will access OneDrive for Business, your personal online storage space, share files, understand what Sync means, and co-author a document. Finally, we will review the basics of a SharePoint site and Microsoft Team.
By the end of the session, attendees will be able to:
- Log in, navigate and access your personal OneDrive for Business storage account.
- Store existing files and create new files in OneDrive for Business.
- Access your OneDrive for Business files from your file browser using Sync.
- Differentiate when to use MS Teams vs. a SharePoint Site. (O365 vs. SharePoint Groups)
- Understand limitations of the Office Web Apps available
- Request permission to create a MS Team or stand-alone Modern Site.
For questions about this workshop, please contact KU IT Technology Instruction at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-5155.
Attendees should have a basic understanding of how to:
- Operate a computer, mouse, and keyboard
- Open a web browser and navigate to a website
Attendees should bring their phones or devices for DUO authentication.