SharePoint - Site Essentials
For the foreseeable future, all workshops will be presented via Zoom. All those registered for the workshop will receive an email with the Zoom link the morning of or day before the session. If the session is closed, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Zoom link.
In this hands-on class, you'll learn how to add and customize the functionality on your site. You will learn more about the roles and permission levels within SharePoint, as well as terminology. After creating a sandbox subsite, you'll experiment with adding and configuring common apps, create custom columns and views. Finally, you'll get to experiment with page layouts, and understand responsibilities as a site owner.
This course will be presented in two parts. Participants who are not site owners are free to leave after Part 1.
By the end of Part 1 of this course, you will be able to:
- Log in, navigate, and access SharePoint.
- Understand terminology, roles, and permission levels and practice managing permissions and groups.
- Add and configure common apps, such as libraries, and lists.
- Create custom columns and views.
- Understand limitations of the Office Web Apps available.
- Create and edit pages while applying page layouts and web or app parts.
By the end of Part 2 of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the SharePoint service, framework and responsibilities of being a site owner.
- Understand the difference between SharePoint Groups and Office 365 Groups when managing permissions.
- Understand best practices and considerations for planning a site.
- Change site layout, navigation, and look.
For questions about this workshop, please contact KU IT Technology Instruction at email@example.com or 785-864-5155.
Attendees should have a basic understanding of how to:
- Operate a computer, mouse, and keyboard
- Open a web browser and navigate to a website
Attendees should bring their phones or devices for DUO authentication.