Power BI - Essentials I
What you will learn:
After completing this training, you will know how to load data into Power BI and then use Power BI to create eye-catching visualizations to help your data tell a compelling story. You will also know how to share your reports and dashboards with others.
What you need:
This training requires you to install the Power BI desktop application. This desktop app is only available on the Windows operating system. If you have a Mac, you will not be able to complete the activities but can still watch the demonstration. If you are using Windows, the desktop app might already be installed on your computer. To check, type Power BI into the search bar next to the Start menu in the lower left corner of your screen, or open the Start menu and scroll through your app list to the P section. If you do not find the desktop app, follow the instructions below.
To install the desktop app: If you need assistance installing the desktop app, contact your Technical Support Staff. Course objectives:
1. Go to office365.ku.edu.
2. Log in with your KU Online ID and password.
3. On the far left of your screen will be a column of Office 365 software icons. Click on the All apps icon at the very bottom of the column (a block of 4 squares with the upper right square tilted).
4. Select the Power BI app from the page of apps. If you don't see it, you can search for it in the search bar at the top of the page.
5. Once Power BI has opened, selected +Create from the left menu.
6. Select the link to download Power BI Desktop.
By the end of this training, you will be able to...
- Explain what Power BI is.
- Load data into Power BI.
- Transform data using normalizing strategies/concepts.
- Use the Report mode to create visualizations.
- Share a Power BI report and dashboard.
To install the desktop app:
If you need assistance installing the desktop app, contact your Technical Support Staff.