For the remainder of the spring 2020 semester, all workshops will be presented via Zoom. All those registered for the workshop will receive an email with the Zoom link the morning of or day before the session. If the session is closed, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Zoom link.
Learn the advanced content types of KU's content management system (CMS), Drupal. This course expands on the CMS Essentials course with hands-on practice adding more advanced content types to the site and working with blocks.
In this hands-on workshop, you'll act as an editor in a sandbox website and be guided through the more advanced content types such as Person Profile, Image Slide/Gallery, and working with Blocks. We will also have some refresher on creating general content pages that are covered in the CMS Essentials course.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create more advanced content on the website
- Edit staff and faculty contact information included in Person Profile pages
- Add and remove slideshow gallery images
- Navigate to and from the source code as needed
- Refresher of CMS Essentials topics
- Intermediate content types
- Adding and editing the homepage
- Adding and editing Person Profile
- Adding and editing Image Slide/Gallery
- Working with blocks
- Open Q/A